- 78 Nobel Laureates have endorsed the repeal of the Louisiana Science Education Act. 77 signed a letter to the Louisiana Legislature in support of the repeal. The 78th is Dr. John Sulston’s independent endorsement.
- Prominent scientists have endorsed the repeal:
- Dr. Francisco Ayala
- Dr. Niles Eldredge
- Dr. Susan Epperson
- Dr. Kenneth Miller
- Dr. Neil Shubin
- Dr. John Sulston (2002 Nobel laureate in Physiology or Medicine)
- Dr. Tim White
- Dr. Paul Gross and Dr. Lawrence Lerner issued statements in support of the repeal.
- The city of New Orleans. The city council voted unanimously (7-0) in support of repealing the Louisiana Science Education Act.
Organizations of Educators:
- The Louisiana Science Teachers Association
- The Louisiana Association of Biology Educators
- The National Association of Biology Teachers
National Science Organizations:
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The American Institute for Biological Sciences
- The American Society for Cell Biology
- Society for the Study of Evolution, cosigned by Society of Systematic Biologists and American Society of Naturalists
- The Society of Vertebrate Paleontology
- The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology